Drop pin Android –how to drop a pin on Google maps android and iPhone phones. These days there is so much to do with Google Maps than merely getting from point A to B. Google drop pin can help your public transportation route, save your time and make your journey funs and easy without getting lost or missing direction. More so, there are some important features on Google maps that can help you find where you are going, one of these features is the drop pin feature. This can also help you drop a pin in a location, you decide to save it to your profile or share it with friends. What is drop pin – drop Pin Icon?
Google map is very important especially when you are looking for an address or is of a road network. There are occasions when Google put a wrong address but with a drop pin, you can drop a pin on Google map to help to correct it. This article will explain how to drop pins on Android, drop pins on Google maps on Android, iOS, and PC.
How to drop pin Android on Google maps
This is one of the features on Google map where you can drop a pin on an Android phone. This allows you to create an account by coordinate (latitude and longitude), similar to when you right-click on the map on the desktop screen. Here is how to drop a pin on android phone works;
• Once you open the Google map
• On the screen of the map, either search for an address or scroll around to find the location
• Long-press any location you want to drop a pin
• Then, the “Create Account” message will appear
• Click on the Create Account, and enter your details.
• Click “Save” located at the top right side of the screen.
• Then, a new pin will display on the map along with the link created at the bottom of the screen.
Drop a pin on iPhone on Google Maps
• Make sure the Google maps app is open on your phone.
• Navigate to the search bar and search or scroll through the map to pin the exact location you want.
• Then, long-press on the screen, in order to drop the pin at your desired location.
• The link of the coordinates will pop up at the bottom of the screen.
• And click on the location to see more details, note the directions, and add labels.
How to drop a pin in Google maps on a computer (desktop)
Locate the Google maps home page.
Scroll around to find the exact location you want to pin.
A pin icon will appear on the map, and you will see an information box will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Click on the information box, more information will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. This will display additional options.
Create Multiple pins on Google maps on your desktop
In case you decide to see your various pins simultaneously, then you can save each of them in your place file. Unfortunately, it is not possible to see all of your pins on a single map on Google, since Google maps only lets you see one pinned location per map. So if you want to publish all your pins on one map, then you will need to develop your own map. This will let you see the various pins in a simplified way and how they are related geographically. This is more important especially when you want to measure the distance between each of your pinned locations. The steps are discussed below on how to create your own Google map.
1. Go to the Google Maps https://www.google.com/maps website.
2. Click on the menu at the top left side of your screen.
3. Once that is done, click your location =>> click map, then create the map.
4. Then, it will take you to a new window, click the untitled map to name your map and give it a brief description if you choose.
5. You can decide to mark a particular area to add a specific location or use the search bar and type in your place of choice.
6. Below your first destination description, click on the “Add direction icon” a pop-up will appear at the top of the screen next to the first marker. Once that is done, an A field and B field in the bottom left of the page. With this, you quickly conduct a location search and use the side menu to keep adding additional destinations. From there, your maps will automatically link to the locations.
NOTE: be aware that you don’t need to be signed in to your Google account to leave individual pins. But you must be signed in if you want to save your pins and also signed in as well when you want to create a Google map.
Share a pin on Google maps
So many ways you can share a pin with your friends. With the steps below you can easily do this;
First Method: copy and paste the short link that Google generated at the top of the page.
Second method: use Twitter and Facebook icons to share the link.
Thirdly, you can embed the map into a webpage by using the Html code generated by Google into your website. Once you want to delete the pin, you can simply click elsewhere on the map and it will disappear.
Share a Map or Location
On your phone device, open the Google maps app.
Use the search bar to search for a place or find a place on the map.
Then, long-press to drop a pin.
Tap the name of the place or address at the bottom.
Click on share, if you can’t find the icon, tap more >> share.
Select the app where you want to share the link to the map.
Save a pin Location on Mobile and Desktop
This pin location can easily be saved to a list that is connected to your Google account. So that you easily get access to it on all your devices.
The already pre-made lists are available by default: Favorites, Want to go, and Stared places.
So you can set more lists and delete the defaults if you choose, to do this navigate to Your places in the app main menu. You will see the list of them; public or private, or share with specific other users. You make decisions to make group lists that anyone add can pin to. This is important for vacations or day trips.